Sunday, September 29, 2013

Shameless September

September is the most confused of the months, but often presents the kind of contradictions that I love most. Think short shorts + comfy sweaters or heavy coats + suntans. I feel like you can get away with a lot in September, as long as you're willing to be a little bit cold or a little bit bold. For me, late September is so exciting because it appears as the last fleeting opportunity to have a proper summer-like adventure before its too cold or people are too busy. Dreams are big, plans are scarce, and adventures are near.

Things I'm loving in late September:

1- Golden Gate Park

Alice's Now & Zen free concert in Golden Gate Park was a blast. Granted, we were two and a half hours late and we didn't technically get in the venue. BUT we did get to listen to One Republic belt out lyrics to our favorite songs while lounging on the grassy knolls with our much more interesting hipster counterparts. Also,  the carousal? Worth every penny. I recommend it it highly.






















 2- Disposable Cameras
Oh my oh my how I love them. The way the catch the light. Flipping through prints months after they're taken. There's just something about pulling out a disposable camera that makes everyone a little happy inside. No one gets excited when you pull out a camera phone, anyway. I've been stockpiling cameras like crazy lately, I'll buy one any chance I get. You never know when they'll come in handy.

3- The Avett Brothers
The smooth voice and guitar riffs get me EVERY time. The newest album, Magpie and the Dandelion, is the quintessential NorCal road trip soundtrack. Buy it right this very instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment