Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Idyllic December

These last days of December couldn't be more perfect. I've done nothing but hike and adventure and sleep and read without any agenda. Winter break has been as relaxing as it possibly could. No homework, no essays, no college applications. I relish these days, because I know they will become increasingly infrequent. I'll be gracious for them now, as to hold on for them for the times when I'm overwhelmed and overworked.

I have nothing but love for December and:

1- Mt. Diablo

I am one lucky girl to have a state park in my backyard. And an absolutely beautiful one to boot. So many trails and such a variety in terrain. I could get lost there forever.













2- Ikea

Swedish anything, really. I could not be more thrilled for our impending trip to the Baltics. Swedish efficiency and the whole notion of form coming from function is everything I am about. My most recent  shopping endeavor left me with a giant plush carrot-humanoid, a watercolor paint set, and desk organizers. Also, can we talk about the swedish meatballs? I am truly, 100%, completely addicted.

3- Watercolors

A friend reintroduced me to the magic of watercolor painting. Such a relaxing way to spend time. Also, water color is a great medium when you have such beautiful inspirations like Mount Diablo. We found some picnic tables randomly off the side of the trail during a hike and decided to take full advantage.




No comments:

Post a Comment